Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When the anti-christ appears, I bet he'll be quoting scripture & preaching hate on youtube.

Here's a quote from the latest turd in the dog pile of  religious hate-mongers...

"I had a way... I figured a way out - a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers - but I couldn't get it past the Congress," he said."
"Build a great big, large fence - 50 or a 100 miles long - and put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals - and have that fence electrified so they can't get out. Feed 'em. And you know in a few years, they'll die out. You know why? They can't reproduce."

And there we have the pastor of Providence Road Baptist Church of Maiden, North Carolina, Charles Worley, preaching good ol' Christian values to his congregation.
He's entitled to his opinion, but should his church of the almighty stupid get to keep their tax exempt status?
Why is it that the creepy Christians are the ones out there advocating the violence, the hate, the threats, the intolerance? What is it about Jesus that inspires this kind of behavior?
The older I get, the more disturbing I find the 'followers'.
Were they this bad several decades ago? Where is the presence of the 'Jesus spirit' in the congregation, as this asshole advocates building a wall around gays & lesbians so they will 'die off''?
Why wasn't there one person listening who challenged this, let alone be so outraged that they would rise up and throw him off his pulpit?
Oh, I forgot, they are the believers. The more I hear, the more I know what they really believe, and it bears no resemblance to the teachings of Jesus.
I'm not a Christian. I personally have no problem with Jesus, but I think the fan club is full of dickholes. I think in this instance, what if the golden rule applied? If this is how the pastor and congregation believes unacceptable people should be treated, then would it be totally appropriate to substitute 'members of the Providence Road Baptist Church of Maiden, NC' for gays and lesbians, and give that big old electrified wall a test run? Just asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment